The International Labour Organization (ILO) recommends employers provide essential health information to everyone in the workplace about COVID-19 using guidance provided by the national and local health authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO). Regular ongoing updates should be provided on the following:
- Awareness of individuals the WHO has identified as at risk of developing serious illness, including older persons and those with underlying health conditions, such as a compromised immune system.
- Current situation of the virus in Afghanistan.
- Information and links to relevant services should they require support.
- Up-to-date health advice and guidance as published by recognized authorities.
- Advice on workplace hygiene and practicing social distancing or physical distancing.
- Reminder to employees of their obligation to take reasonable care not to affect the health and safety of other persons adversely, and requirement for them to notify their employer immediately if they are suffering flu-like symptoms.