ACCI’s First Deputy to the Board of Directors Mr. Muhammad Younus Muhmand, ACCI’s member to the Board of Directors Mr. Khan Jan Alokozay, Nangarhar Chamber of Commerce and Investment (NCCI)’s a member to the Board of Directors Dr. Mukhles Ahmad, and Afghanistan – Pakistan Joint Chamber’s CEO Mr. Naqibullah Safi attended the meeting organized by OESP and CRSS and delivered their speeches.
Representatives of Pakistan’s Private Sector, representatives of Pakistan’s parliament, Pakistani social activists and journalists, and representatives of the ex-Afghan parliament also participated in this meeting.
Mr. Muhmand and Mr. Khan Jan Alokozay discussed the adverse effects of frozen money on the Afghan economy, existing trade and transit problems between Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the existing problems for the Torkham land route passengers.
Mr. Muhmand and Mr. Khan Jan Alokozay asked the international community to release Afghan frozen money and insisted on trade promotion and investment opportunities.
All participants insisted on the following things:
• Afghanistan – Pakistan economic and political relations should be improved
• The required facilities have to be provided in issuing visas
• Commercial relations have to be strengthened
• Tariff problems have to be solved
• The APTTA contract has to be renewed
• Technical committees have to be established in borders
• And the required facilities in tourism and medical sectors have to be provided