Mr. Mohammad Yonass Mohmand, Commercial vice-Chairman of ACCI, Vice-President SAARC CCI “Afghanistan Chapter” and Mohammad Zia Azizi, International Organization Manager at ACCI attended the 64th Executive Committee Meeting and 20th General Assembly meeting of SAARC CCI held on 8th December 2015 in Islamabad.
The meetings were started by celebrating of the SAARC Charter Day with the theme “30 years of SAARC: Promises and Achievements” where the keynote speakers from South Asian countries detailed on the role of SAARC CCI in economic integration of the region.
The participants including EC Members, GA Members and the SAARC CCI Vice-Presidents reviewed and approved the minutes of the 63rd EC meetings of SAARC CCI which was held on 24th July 2015 in Paro, Bhutan.
A presentation of SAARC CCI Term Report (2014-2015) was delivered to the participants including a detailed presentation on construction activities of the SAARC CCI headquarter building.
The participants were then moved to the agenda Item no. 4 where the participants reviewed and discussed on the amendments in the constitution of SAARC CCCI.
SAARC CCI vice-presidents and EC members finalized the action plan for the 2016 and each country proposed an activity to be held by SAARC CCI in their respective countries during the year.
SAARC TPN project and its integration in to SAARC CCI Mechanism was discussed under the
Agenda Item no. 7th of the EC and GA meetings which SAARC CCI secretariat extended its full support in integrating the SAARC TPN projects in to SAARC CCI.
SAARC CCI delegation led by Mr. Suraj Vaidya, President of SAARC CCI attended the following sub-activities:
- Call on Hon’ble Mr. Sartaj Aziz, Advisor to Prime minister of Pakistan on Foreign Affairs
- Call on Hon’ble secretary ministry of commerce government of Pakistan
- Call on Hon’ble Mr. Mohammad Irfan Elahi, Federal Secretary Aviation division, and government of Pakistan.
- Call on Hon’ble Mr. Ghulam Murtaza Khan Jatoi, Minister for Industries and production government of Pakistan
On the sideline of the event, Mr. Mohammad Yonass Mohmand, Vice-Chairman of ACCI and vice-president of SAARC CCI “Afghanistan Chapter” also participated in Eighth South Asia Economic Summit which was organized by Sustainable Development Policy Institute “SDPI”
Mr. Mohmand, during his speech in plenary session A-7 of the eighth south Asia economic summit suggested the following for promoting intra investment and supply chain in south Asia:
- To build a coherent economic goal, free of contrasting political incentives.
- To integrate our economies and let the goods, talents, technical assistances, machineries and capital investments move easily in the region;
- To help improve necessary infrastructures, to ease the fast and straightforward flow of goods in the region.
- To sign more bilateral and multilateral MoUs and agreements;
- To work on a mechanism to ensure that commitments are fulfilled.
- Governments should simplify and harmonize their trade and investment procedures and set trade friendly custom tariffs.
- The private sectors should be given their proper role in developing a viable regional economic cooperation, with direct and growing relations between the chambers of commerce.
- For further integration, nations of the region should develop joint chambers of commerce and encourage any other joint economic initiatives in the region, and;
- We need to pave the way for establishment of free trade zones in this region.
To view this event photos, please click here.