A 12 member delegation of ACCI, led by Mr. Alhaj Mohammad Younus Momand, commercial deputy of ACCI’s BOD, accompanied his Excellency President Dr. Mohammad Ashraf Ghani on his trip to Kazakhstan on 19 – 20 November 2015.
Afghan traders and investors, discussed several issues with Excellency Afghan president including: payment of 100 percent of price for importing goods to Kazakhstani companies, transit problems and high transit costs which causes an increase in the final price of the goods, lack of norms and standards in Afghanistan particularly in oil and gas sectors, getting Kazakhstan’s long-term visa for Afghan traders, non-issuance of visa and Road pass for Afghan drivers in order to effectively utilize TIR international system and other related matters.
Then in a meeting with Excellency Rahim Muslimuv Prime minister of Kazakhstan, which was attended by a number of cabinet ministers, Kazakhstan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a number of prominent Kazakhstani traders. President Ghani counted the problems, challenges and recommendation raised by Afghan traders, fortunately it warmly welcomed by Prime Minister and cabinet members of Kazakhstan and was vowed to immediately address the problems.
In this visit, several memorandum of understandings and treaties including cultural, administrative reforms and good governance, diplomacy institute, fight against natural incidents and buying 600 tons of wheat, were signed among the official of the two countries, in the presence of Excellency President Ghani and Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.
At the end of his visit to Kazakhstan, President Ghani met Afghan students in Kazakhstan. While delivering a speech at a gathering of students of the (Nazarbayuf) University, President Ghani once again briefed the participants on his regional economic cooperation program.
ACCI delegation in this visit were as follow:
- Mr. Alhaj Mohammad Younus Momand, Commercial Deputy of ACCI’s BOD.
- Mr. Sadullah Haqyar, Secretariat director of ACCI BOD
- Mr. Mohammad Daoud Yousufzay, member of ACCI’s BOD
- Mr. Esmatullah Wardak, member of ACCI’s BOD
- Mr. Ghulam Nabi Edizada, member of ACCI’s BOD
- Mr. Ibrahim Zarif, member of ACCI’s BOD
- Mr. Nezamuddin Tajzada, member of ACCI’s BOD
- Mr. Khairudding Mael, member of ACCI’s BOD
- Mr. Mohammad Rahim Gardezy, President of Rahim Gardezy company
- Mr. Hashem Rasouli, international affairs director of ACCI
- Mr. Abdul Karim Arefi, Director of Kabul industrialist Union
- Mr. Mohammad Esrail Azam, President of Andisha Trading company
To view the photos of this visit please click here.